
We are at the point in the school year where energy is waning. Students who are driven to succeed are putting on steam and trying extra hard. Those students who have struggled all year are tempted to take the more level road. My job as a tutor is to encourage the latter student to keep going--try as hard as they can to finish the year on a positive note.
One of my favorite quotes comes from the man at the left, Thomas Edison. He said "If we all did things we are capable of doing, we would literally astound ourselves".
I'm astounded I can be questioned for a jury of a murder trial. I am amazed (with lots of encouragement) that I can tutor Algebra. I'm sure your list of astounding things could go on and on also.
What are you capable of?

2 comments:
Good 'ol Tom! I just read a good quote last night...
"Science is organized knowledge. Wisdom is organized life."
--Immanuel Kant
Good one, huh?
Oh my, there's one for the front of the refrigerator:-)
Post a Comment