Saturday, November 29, 2008

A Little Night Magic

Tyler and I made our annual trek down Main Street tonight to visit the Dickens' Christmas Market. While very commercial in nature it is fun to see friends and eat kettlecorn!
The weather was perfect~~not freezing cold or rainy as in years past.
As we were walking back we noticed Jupiter and Venus just hanging out together in the sky.
They are incredibly bright and beautiful. Since I began the Beth Moore Bible study, Jesus the One and Only, I am looking to the sky more at night just as the shepherds would have.
I fuss over our decorations and lights while God hangs the stars in the heavens "just so".
Emanuel, God with us.



3 comments:

Unknown said...

Thank you for the "star" picture. David, the kids and I were headed home last night from the Dickens Parade and saw the "stars". We had no idea that they were Jupiter and Mars. That is so awesome! I kept telling David, I have never seen those before.
Learn something new everyday!

Unknown said...

Oops, I meant Venus, not Mars. Look, I already forgot which ones they were. :(

gramma said...

We too appreciated the star map. We were in awe of the clarity and brightness of those two stars as we drove home from the airport Sat. evening.