
No, This isn't a yoga post. No, it's not a nutrition post.
It is a post about being incredibly human and unkowing.
I had the extreme privilege this morning of ministering to a family that I love dearly.
They have just suffered a very deep loss.
Upon entering their home you would never sense a loss. A toddler runs through the house with all the curly haired excitement that only an 18 month old can generate. There are signs everywhere of family life. The smell of maple syrup in the air. The random toys left in the midst of some great adventure. Yet Daddy tries to gather everything up in one fell swoop and make it right. (By the way Great Job Daddy)
So, I set myself to the task at hand. Feed Mommy, do laundry, clean the kitchen. But, as I start to straighten the living room I start to weep. There are signs of an ongoing, thriving, loving family life here. There are cars and broken branches, scattered crumbs, mail that lies on the floor...
Scene two...Mommy asks me for a meal. I don't know her kitchen. I don't even know how to make the malt-o-meal she is requesting. So I utter a prayer, right OUT LOUD, Please Lord help me bless this family.
Don't be afraid to cry right out loud for all to hear:
"Lord help me bless this dear one!"
Scene Three: My friend is very gracious and says everything was perfect and delicious. Kitchen is clean. Nothing is put back where they can find it. I leave and my precious friend sleeps and heals.
Thank you Jesus.

No comments:
Post a Comment