Monday, March 31, 2008

Get Over Yourself


I have recently revisited some of my favorite role models. I love to read historical biographies and glean strength from the characters. Some of my favorites are Clara Barton, Florence Nightingale and Eleanor Roosevelt.


"You gain strength, courage and confidence by every experience in which you really stop to look fear in the face. You are able to say to yourself, 'I have lived through this horror. I can take the next thing that comes along.' You must do the thing you think you cannot do. "
Eleanor RooseveltUS diplomat & reformer (1884 - 1962)

Wow, this is a strong woman! Eleanor was not a pretty child (which her pretty mother noticed) but she had strength of character and determination that made her most beautiful in other arenas of life.

Eleanor faced diversity and challenge head on. What her husband lacked in character, Eleanor made up with in grace. Next time you are faced with a huge, fear inducing challenge...meet it head on! Follow Eleanor's leading.

No comments: