Monday, March 24, 2008

Hands in the Dirt

I had three wonderful days off of school. At first I couldn't decide what to do first...read? Plant?? Then it all fell into place. A little cleaning, some reading and then garden work. There is nothing like getting your fingers into the dirt. Gloves??? Yes, they are in the garage somewhere. My new plants are very happy in their habitat. I did much research to ensure they were in the place they would be "happy".
I am trying to attract butterflies and hummingbirds this season. This means I will also attract bees and other nectar seeking insects. They will just have to learn to get along with each other.
Isn't this the meaning of "habitat"? We are so used to living in our own region, neighborhood , family.
Can we include the predators? How about those sqirmy things that enrich the environnment?

Hmmm...food for thought.

2 comments:

jenny said...

No worms for me, thank you!

Unknown said...

Wow, your plants/flowers look beautiful! You have a green thumb!
P.S. It was good to talk with you last night.