Wednesday, October 1, 2008

October

Fall is coming to Lake County. Tyler and I took a walk today with baby Eric. The trees are changing and the air has just a hint of coolness. Our days are still warm but our nights have that touch of coolness that turns our leaves all sorts of pretty colors. We are going to the Pumpkin Patch this weekend to gather a few specimens for our porch railings.
We'll make another trip for the "carving pumpkins" and maybe some corn stalks etc.
I can just smell the wood smoke in the air and the quick breads in the oven!


4 comments:

Unknown said...

FYI, Seely Farms in Upper Lake has the corn stalks all neatly bunched ready to sell and also the decorative pumpkins. And I just found out from Monica that Rinker Farms on Argonaut have a FREE corn maize this year.

~nanashouse~ said...

Thanks Em! I did see the sign for the free corn maze, but I like the idea of the corn stalks all neatly bunched. Maybe we'll visit both patches :-)

jenny said...

Go to Rinker Farms, just for old-times' sake. It used to be so fun to walk down there with Jared when he was a baby just to grab vegetables for dinner or to cut flowers for my table.

Rebekah said...

I'm so excited about fall I can hardly stand it. It's my absolute favorite time of the year!