Monday, February 9, 2009

JOY


Emily recently challenged many of us with this question:

"What Brings You Joy?"


At first I thought...piece of cake ( cake being #1 )

I started compiling a list of things that make me happy:


new magazines

the quiet after a baby is fed, burped, changed...

an algebra problem solved


THEN


I realized joy is very much different than happy.


So Here is My List:


1. The sound of Tyler's laugh when "it is really funny"

2. Sitting out on the deck with Al ~~ discussing and dreaming around

the fire pit


3. "Getting" Algebra

4. Really knowing and learning God's Word


5. When my right hand and my left hand join together to "make music"

6. Communion Sunday...The Bread and The Wine

I'll never cease to be amazed.


4 comments:

Rebekah said...

Wonderful list!

Jenny said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jenny said...

Caleb likes your lamb.

emyann said...

Thanks Mom! I agree with Tyler's laugh!!!