Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Lessons Learned

I have begun Reading Tutoring at our local public schools recently. AmeriCorps requires that we use their materials at least 50% of the time. OK, I am willing to comply. The rest of the time can be spent really exploring and enjoying the act of reading. Remember when you found that "special" place to read that was all yours?? That is what I would like to create for my students. I'm thinking a tent like atmosphere with white lights and comfy cushions. Hmm... Kind of like a Tree House
In the meantime, I am learning to play the piano. I am so blessed that my
teacher doesn't take me from Level One to Level Glory!
She gauges my interest and ability to a wide variety of books and allows me
to play "real music". So what if it is Hickory Dickory Dock! I am playing
with both hands and feeling really good about it!
Thank you Barbara. You are the BEST teacher :-)





1 comment:

Brenda Leyland @ Its A Beautiful Life said...

Good for you for taking up piano! And, like you say, Hickory Dickory Dock is real music! Yah!