Sunday, November 1, 2009

Going Through the Motions


Ever since I started back to work I've been streamlining my schedule in order to get everything done. I cook once -- for two dinners, freeze items that I can buy on sale to cut down on trips to the store, etc.

One of my favorite things to do is to have a binder with tabs set up for all areas of life and follow all the "do ahead" suggestions such as buy cards ahead of time, buy Christmas gifts all year so I don't fall into the craziness around the Holidays and just try to keep the household running as smoothly as I can.
One thing I refuse to do is sign and address my Christmas cards now. I don't want to "Go Through the Motions" as Matthew West sings of. I enjoy praying over my cards each year asking God to bless the families I am sending cards to. If I do all this right now, I'll miss out on the blessing of the unexpected one that God impresses on my heart. No, I plan to put on Christmas music, fix something warm to drink and just spend time sending my love to you.

No comments: