Sunday, November 22, 2009

Sourdough Starter


I have a very good friend who is also my mentor in all things regarding home keeping, budgeting, gardening etc. Recently we have started down the road of sourdough bread making. We have already been making 5 minute Artisan Bread and have made many "converts" along the way. Not to be content in a good thing, my mentor and I are trying out a sourdough method that would produce a great bread with the same "5 minute" method of mixing. I cannot even consider myself in her league at this stage of the game. She (Susan) has the ingredients down to a science. All I know is ~~ I am producing a loaf of bread with minimal effort and maximum return in flavor for the cost of a couple cups of flour. "We" continue to tweak the recipe to come up with the exact amounts, temperature and moisture needed to produce a great loaf. Meanwhile ~~ our families are enjoying great loaves of bread!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

And I NEAD to start doing this! :)
Where oh where is the time to start reading the book?!?!