Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Eve of All Good Things

Remember that wonderful feeling on the eve of a great event?  Christmas Eve and the anticipation of the next morning.  The night before the first day of school, anticipating wearing the perfect outfit, the night before your wedding when you should be sleeping to look radiant but just can't seem to close your eyes?
That's just how I feel tonight.  School starts tomorrow and so begins my last year of service with AmeriCorps.   I just love this chance to serve in our local After School Program.  (please remind me of this fact in a couple of months when I feel exhausted and want to give up}
Just so you know I'm not some sort of perfectionist nerd (would love to be), my school bag is not yet packed and I don't even have site ID yet.  I think my smile and full heart should carry me through the first day, don't you?

No comments: