Saturday, December 15, 2007

Vintage Christmas


One of my very favorite illustrators is Tasha Tudor. I could literally climb into her pictures and live there! She has the ability to draw us into a simpler time and place. We could play with her dogs (corgies) have tea and cookies at her table or go outside and romp in the farmyard. I have the feeling that after all this "romping" there would be something warm to drink and something sweet to fill our tummies! Of course, if we really lived there we would have to chop wood, clean animal "compost", etc... but we would really appreciate what God has given us. You just can't get this from going to Safeway, Von's , Food 4 Less etc.
What can I say? Buy organic this week, take a long walk in the cold, make tea and drink from a pretty, seasonal cup...bake cookies and give them to your neighbors. Reach out~~Tis the Season!

No comments: