You were anything less than beautiful?
How could anyone ever tell you
You were less than whole?
How could anyone fail to notice
That your loving is a miracle?
How deeply you've connected to my soul! *
I'm reading a very good book titled "Inside Alzheimer's", (How to Hear and Honor Connections with a Person who has Dementia)
One thing I'm learning is, no matter what our physical or mental condition, we are still whole and beautiful to God, our Maker. We strive for wholeness, oneness, peace, beauty...
Truth is, that is exactly how God sees us right now, through the eyes of His Son. Can we let go of the preconceived notion of how we should look and just rejoice in the fact that we are loved just as we are?
*lyrics courtesy of libby roderick


3 comments:
I had this picture in my room growing up, remember?
How lovely!
That's one of my favorite Norman Rockwell prints! Thank you for sharing this! It really ministered to my heart! :)
Grace and Peace,
Angel
Post a Comment