I've had a couple of requests for homemade laundry soap since I posted a couple of days ago. The inspiration comes from many places. One is a personal memory of living in the mountains when we were newly married. We had a baby, Chris, and we lived in a charming red log house in Graeagle, CA.
We had a cute house with a small yard and lots of windows to let the light in. What we lacked was many modern conveniences, such as a washer and dryer. Our neighbors gave us a wringer washer that was obtained by parking at the end of a meadow and walking in to pack up the washer and trek it back to the truck.
I loved that old washer. I used homemade laundry detergent, put Chris' diapers through two rinses and hung them in the cool mountain air to dry. Did you know that snow sunshine can bleach diapers better than Clorox?
We had a small garden and I made our baby's food. The old pediatrician in the nearby town told us that our baby was "spoiled" and needed to cry it out at night. I'd like to see him try that :-}
All in all it was a good beginning for a young couple. Not bad at all.
We had a cute house with a small yard and lots of windows to let the light in. What we lacked was many modern conveniences, such as a washer and dryer. Our neighbors gave us a wringer washer that was obtained by parking at the end of a meadow and walking in to pack up the washer and trek it back to the truck.
I loved that old washer. I used homemade laundry detergent, put Chris' diapers through two rinses and hung them in the cool mountain air to dry. Did you know that snow sunshine can bleach diapers better than Clorox?
We had a small garden and I made our baby's food. The old pediatrician in the nearby town told us that our baby was "spoiled" and needed to cry it out at night. I'd like to see him try that :-}
All in all it was a good beginning for a young couple. Not bad at all.

No comments:
Post a Comment