Wednesday, September 16, 2009

A Sad Night

This is a sad night for me. I just found out that Mary Travers of Peter, Paul and Mary has died.
Mary gave up her battle with Leukemia and is resting in peace.
Our children were raised on the principles of:
Loving One Another more than yourself.
Whenever possible ~~ Give Peace a Chance. You never really know what can happen when you put your own desires aside and seek to live in accord with your neighbor.
Give Back ~~ no man is an island. We live to serve one another (thank you Al)

They can all sing Peter, Paul and Mary songs verse by verse. They know "by heart" what it means to feed the hungry, pray for peace and love their neighbors.



We can all "Light One Candle"


2 comments:

Elise @A Path Made Straight said...

I know... this was sad. It's always sad when someone who's been there forever, it seems, just isn't anymore. Change. I love that your children know their songs!

jenny said...

I don't know if I'll be able to watch their Christmas special this year. :(