Sunday, October 4, 2009

Apple Crisp

I distinctly remember my first taste of Apple Crisp. I was invited to my friend's house for dinner. We were great friends (can't remember her name). We sat right next to each other in Mrs. Monroe's 5th grade class. She had a really cool ski parka that all us girls wanted to have. So...that Christmas, many of us received one from "Santa".
So that was Christmas. Fast forward to Spring. We all made Chinese Jump Ropes out of rubber bands. I saved all the extras from my brother's paper route. We shed our ski jackets for some other fashion of the day.
My friend invited me over for dinner. I found out she was adopted. Her room was so very clean and she had all the latest educational advantages because her adoptive parents were college professors. We had a great dinner and then...warm apple crisp with cream poured over the top!
Well, I decided right then and there that I should be adopted so I could have really smart games to play and Apple Crisp for dessert!

2 comments:

tyler said...

Well honey, you did it again!!!! Thanks for the apple crisp. I just finished it ALL!!!

Al

jenny said...

Phil loves when I make apple crisp. He likes it more than apple pie. I think warm apple crisp tastes better than warm apple pie.