We had a really good day today. At around 11:00 a.m. Emily, Tyler, Jordan and I headed out for the Harvest Festival held at Steele Winery in Kelseyville. The wine tastes were disappointing but we had fun sampling the wares of all the vendors. I was less adventurous than the rest of the group. I kept my tastings to the "unfried" variety. The smells, sights and tastes were enough to fill our senses for quite some time. I bought a jar of almost hot pepper jelly to serve with cream cheese and crackers. Then at another booth I bought a sampler of soup and dip mixes that will carry me through this Holiday season.As is our birthday tradition, Emily bought me a beautiful glass bead to wear on my favorite chain that belonged to my Nana.
So, top this good day off we have Barry Manilow on PBS! I can just hear all of you gagging right now~~but wait a minute! Back in 1978/79 he was really popular and we managed to get front row tickets at the Concord Pavilion to see him in person! He was and still is an amazing performer. The costumes, the songs, the lights....We were within spitting distance but, alas, Barry lip synced back then and now.Even that can't ruin my good day!

1 comment:
I watched a live by request episode recently. You would have been proud...I knew every song! :)
Post a Comment