Sunday, October 18, 2009

Stone Soup

Remember the story "Stone Soup"? That's exactly what I felt I was making today.
I started with an amazing recipe from my friend Marsha who borrowed it from her mom.
I gathered what I thought were all the ingredients but as I got up to my elbows in chopped veggies I realized I was missing one important ingredient, ground cloves.
I knew exactly who to call ~~ Deb!
Deb came to the rescue with her fire breathing dragon son Erik.

Now this is what I call a good friend. They dress up to drop off missing ingredients!
This is not a picture of my Mulligatawny Soup but let me tell you, we ate
this delicious goodness by the bowlful. Even the 13 year old boys loved it!
The best part? It was a recipe built on friendship and love.



2 comments:

emyann said...

Yummy! That was amazing...thanks mom!

jenny said...

I'm always up for a good soup recipe. I'll have to get it from you soon.