Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Boiling Pots and Condensation = Joy?


I'm up to my ears in boiling pots and steamy windows! Christy Nockels is singing in the background. Her songs have become the soundtrack of my life lately. So...back to the pots. I have steamed artichokes with lemon in the water. I have pasta boiling for baked macaroni and cheese. I also have rice and peas cooking for my beloved teenage son who has just crawled out of a siege of the flu. This boy has an equal love for chocolate and green veggies on his food pyramid. Yep, he's a keeper!
All this prefaces a recent post by a dear friend. She said I was "icky sweet" and
"how do you keep your joy?" This was all in complete love because if you knew her you would say the exact same thing about her!
OK here is the "secret" : Believe only the best, surround yourself with God's Word and uplifting music. Refuse to give ground to those who would steal your joy. Pray for them but DO NOT engage in their day to day drama. Give of yourself every day. Get out of your skin and only bring grace to people. .
How? Pray, bring flowers, send an encouraging message, adopt a "Secret Sis" (thank you Diane)
Fill your life with all that is God Honoring. The rest will fall away as dross.

No comments: