
In spite of many heartaches and bumps in the road I have many happy memories of my childhood. I remember skating in our backyard and in Sandy's backyard. We were Olympic skaters all the way down to our imaginary costumes. Do you even know what it feels like to skate on smooth concrete after the grinding noise of a patio?
I remember playing with and dressing our Barbies for hours on end. I think I mentioned this before but my Mom made me a whole box of beautiful Barbie clothes one year for Christmas. They were made from scraps of her sewing. I had fur and brocade and satin clothes. Oh my.
One year, probably my First Communion year, I received a nun doll for my birthday. She became my most prized posession. I was such a holy little thing in those years. I just knew being close to God could erase all the horrors of what was really going on in my life. This post is in honor of Anne.

No comments:
Post a Comment