Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Leave it to Cleaver (June that is)

Have you ever felt that your decorating style is stuck somewhere in the past? I've moved past the shag carpet, avocado/orange/brown years. I've even given up the country blue and pink years.

I am still stuck in a phase of decorating that just doesn't scream "HOME". I've been branching out a little this week. I've been reintroducing some of the real wood pieces we have in our home in exchange for the laminated prefabricated ones. All of a sudden our home feels a little more cozy.

Tonight when Al came home from work, I had the dining room table set with a bunny quilt I made several years ago. I have my treasured cabbage bowls (a gift from Jenny) set on green and white plates. In the center of the table is a small arrangement of pink carnations plunked into a wine carafe.

I moved a few pictures around and it feels like a whole new space.

I have a few more plans for tomorrow but they will have to be fit in to the rest of my very busy schedule. I can't wait :-)

1 comment:

~nanashouse~ said...

You read my mind Clarice. I still keep thinking Wren and I would be great friends.