It's no secret, I have been enamored with the Amish faith for many, many years. I couldn't even give you a solid reason why. Part of me loves the pure dedication to God and the Scriptures. But then...I have to depart from all that because when I study Scripture I find that the Amish take many things out of context and live under a yoke of legalism.
All that to say I am a great fan of Beverly Lewis and how she exposes the Amish faith in light of the true Word of God. As an author, she probes into the deep questions of why and what we believe.
There are many times in my busy, complicated life that I have longed to fall back on what is expected or accepted. In my heart I know that God expects me to stretch my spiritual muscles and pray, intercede, pray more and forgive.

No comments:
Post a Comment