Monday, December 12, 2011

Hey Santa...



I'm not quite sure when "it" happened. Somewhere along the line I grew up. I no longer cared what the group said or what was "in". Imagine (age seven) kind of awkward, tripping over your own feet and breaking your arm. All the girls at the birthday party had a great time with that one.



Fast forward to High School. All of a sudden everyone had a boyfriend, smoked (cigs and pot) and once again I just didn't fit in.



Here's one for you. 1990 and we are attending a church faithfully. Having never been a joiner I'm confronted by some women who claim "I'm just not friendly enough".



So now, I've come full circle. My students come to me with stories that will guarantee "this is the worst thing I've ever gone through" Dear God, I know this isn't true. And since they put so much stock in you...hey Santa, don't disappoint my kids.



No comments: