
Words don't come easily for me. I stutter, stammer, gather my thoughts and try again. My Emily has a beautiful gift of words. She knows how to translate the thoughts of life and put them into beautiful verse. That is just what she did for me tonight on Face book.
Six years ago when God placed (thrust) me into the role of advocate/caregiver He, in his ultimate wisdom, started me off slowly. Of course it was hard, and yes very heart wrenching but after that I kind of felt "OK that wasn't too awful bad, I think maybe I could handle this again, piece of cake". Oh yes, again and again and again He has given me the blessing of being an advocate/caregiver to loved ones and I am the first one to tell you I fail over and over and over again.
This is gut wrenching business not for the faint of heart. I am forever changed because of it though. God knew he could take my completely broken life and transform it through caring for my loved ones. Would I have signed up for this? No, plain and simple. I am surrounded by a huge circle of loving, supportive friends and family. If you are reading this tonight that means YOU. Yes, I'm talking to you. Thank you dear ones, I love you.

No comments:
Post a Comment