

Ok everyone, dust off your dancing shoes...you have exactly 29 days to celebrate our 40th anniversary with us. Yes indeed, 40 years! Let's just think back. I had my hair in hot rollers when Al arrived at our house with my flowers. It was considered "bad luck" to see the bride before the wedding so I pretended to giggle in my room. My wedding dress was green and white because that is what my parents insisted on. I made a small statement by hemming my dress "a little" above my knees. Our wedding cake had white icing but yellow flowers.
So here we are, 40 years later and buying each other sappy love songs on CDs. We still hold hands, finish each others sentences and now we call each other Mommy and Daddy. Our kids think we are sickening but truth be told, I think they are happy when we can sing along with "And I will always Love You"

No comments:
Post a Comment