
All the songs and movies tell us this is "The Most Wonderful Time of the Year" I agree, I love the Christmas season. I begin my planning even before Thanksgiving. This year I'm finding a HUGE void in my planning. I keep asking "why?" It occurred to me tonight that I am trying too hard to recreate the feeling of Christmases Past. I have all these happy memories of the Christmas parties held at my Grandma's house. I remember working so hard at my parent's Deli to prepare party trays and sandwiches for the "rich people" who had Christmas parties.
And then, thanks to the computer age, I received calendar reminders to send special cards to loved ones. Those loved ones have passed away in the past few years.
So, I go back to the Truth. "But that very first Christmas, the best gift of all was the Baby himself, snuggled up in the stall. For He taught us to love in all that we do, to love strong and forever...the way He Loves You."

No comments:
Post a Comment