Thursday, May 3, 2012

Bread Nerd

If there was a dictionary entry for "bread nerd"  my goofy smiling face would be right next to it.  I tried a new bread recipe which started last night mixing up the wet dough to set on the counter top overnight.  I would share a picture of the dough but as the old saying goes "if you've seen one, you've seen them all" 

 The real excitement set in this morning as I preheated my oven, then placed the dutch oven in to preheat for 30 minutes.  I was listening to Worship music, staring out the window at the beautiful hilltop view we have and then I placed the wet lump of dough into the dutch oven to bake for 30 minutes.
 After baking for 30 minutes I uncovered the dough for the last 15 minutes of crispy baking.  By this time I have butterflies in my stomach (nerds get those) and the steam fogged up my glasses (more nerd evidence) as I put the bread back in the oven.  Change of music now.  This excitement calls for Lady Antebellum at "almost" full volume.
Oh my, look at this crusty ball of beauty.  I can't wait to slice into it.  I'm bringing bread, butter and jam into school for the kids this afternoon.  If it is good, I'll blush and modestly say thank you.  If it's a bomb I'll quietly go into a corner and cry.

1 comment:

~nanashouse~ said...

Clarice, I just love baking bread and creating yummy smells in my kitchen!