Sunday, May 6, 2012

Livin the Country Life

 While we live in a rural area I really wouldn't consider ourselves "living in the country" until...on the way home from work on Friday I had to brake and honk my horn so the vultures would take a break from their dead rabbit feast so I could drive by.  Yuck and double yuck.
 You already know about my recent battles with the bats in our attic.  I really do love to watch them take off at dusk ready to do their duty in battling the insect population around the lake.  However, one poor bat was earthbound on our deck this evening and Al had to scoop it up and throw it over the fence before Bella had a feast.
Oh, and then we were driving home today and right there in the road before we entered our housing development was a huge king snake in the road.  It had an injury but the remaining 2-3 feet of it seemed to be OK.
Add this to our morning traffic jams with the wild turkeys, the amazing sightings of owl, osprey, blue heron and the constant cooing of doves and you'll get an idea of why we love living here.  

No comments: