It is at this exact time of year that I start remembering my Daddy and his journey to Heaven. Mama and Daddy came to live with us in May. Daddy was so very sick with cancer at that time that we didn't notice Mama's dementia was becoming increasingly front and center stage. I'm sure we excused many behaviors because Mama was never able to cope with stress. I wish now that I had paid more attention to her needs at that time. Today she is in a Nursing Facility that takes loving care of her. I often remind my students with a "note to self"...don't do this, or that, but remember always to respect your family and friends because we never know what they are going through.
So here goes: "Note to self" cherish each day with your loved ones. Look for clues. They are trying to tell you something important.
I can say all of this because today when the classroom was really loud, unruly and full of strife one of my littles said "Just breathe Nancy, remember what you tell us".


No comments:
Post a Comment