Monday, September 10, 2007

The Dirty Dozen


No, not the old movie by the same title! Here is a list of twelve popular fresh fruits and vegetables that, if you have a choice, you should choose the organic version. Why?? Because they are consistently the most contaminated with pesticides.
*apples
*bell peppers
*celery
*grapes (imported)
*nectarines
*peaches
*pears
*potatoes
*red raspberries
*spinach
*strawberries

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good to know! And I think there's only 11 there. I counted them about 7 times to see if I was crazy and forgot how to count...

~nanashouse~ said...

you are so right! that's why i'm back in school taking math :-) I'll find out dirty #12 and let you know.

~nanashouse~ said...

The missing "dirty" item is cherries. They are especially dangerous because we eat sooo many of them in one sitting.

gramma said...

What is the fruit in your beautiful picture? Please call me.

~nanashouse~ said...

gramma, the photo is from "online" they are a cross between peaches and apricots. i will still call you because, if you are anything like me, you are missing the kids :-(