Saturday, December 1, 2007

Look, Listen



I'd have missed it too....
If I had been there, I would have been busy, incredibly busy. I would have been up before the cock crowed and I would have gone about the chores of the day. I would have fetched the water, I would have fed the baby, I would have swept out the barn, I would have fed the animals, I would have made the bread, I would have pressed some olives, I would have woven some cloth, I would have made my way to the market, I would have conversed with the women in the market, I would have 'heard' the rumors, I would have returned home,I would have put the fire on, I would have made dinner,I would have put the baby to bed,I would have looked up in the night sky, I would have missed it,~and~I get up before the alarm goes off, and I go about my day, Getting up, Making Breakfast, Doing Laundry, Emptying the dishwasher, Teaching lessons, Addressing the cards, Calling a friend, Responding to emails, Wrapping the gifts, Mailing the packages, Going to the grocery, Chauffeuring the children all around town, Making dinner, Unloading the groceries, Reading the bedtime stories, Chatting with an old friend, Hearing the songs, Looking up at the stars in the night sky. I'm afraid that I might miss it, not because I want to...she missed it 2,000 years ago, not because she intended to...she had heard all about it, MEANT to be there, but she was just too BUSY. I am her, I am the same as that woman in Bethlehem 2,000 years ago. Simply too busy to notice WHAT was going on around her. I can learn from her, the lesson of a lifetime,don't miss it! The heavenly hosts will announce it, The shepherds will find their way, The Kings will bring gifts, andIwill notice, I WILL not be too BUSY this year, I WILL see that star in sky, the star of HOPE, the star of LOVE, the star who was GOD, coming to dwell with us. It's going to take some doing....but miss a divine moment, that would be a shame, all because I was simply too busy to notice. Peace in Him.

1 comment:

Rebekah said...

Looking and listening with you.....
What a great post!