Wednesday, December 5, 2007

"What's For Snack?"



I base our after school program on one thing--going home after school. From there I ask myself, what would my child want for an after school snack? Which environment would be best for my child to complete his/her homework? So...yesterday we had hot chocolate as our after school beverage. The kids loved it! I'd like to report that they did their homework without prompting or they treated each other with kindness and gentleness... :-( Just not so!

What does happen is that every child feels the love we have for them. They go home feeling loved, accepted, AND their homework is done!

4 comments:

emyann said...

My favorite after school snack was salami and cheese in my special bowl!

~nanashouse~ said...

face it, you didn't go to school! I just pampered you with "special" this and "special" that!

Lizzie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Elise @A Path Made Straight said...

Wonderful! How special they must have felt...

We've begun a new tradition this December - every night, I make cambric tea for the children (even Eliana!) and toast with butter and cinnamon/brown sugar. We light the lantern and read a story. They are so calm when bedtime comes! :)