We went on a field trip today with our after school kids. We visited the Red Cross Headquarters for Lake County. The students learned what the Red Cross provides our county in case of emergencies such as fire, flood or "tormadoes". House fires occur more often than the other emergencies. We have yet to have a tornado but our last flood was in 1995. The Red Cross provides food, shelter and vouchers for clothing and exists entirely from donations!
While we are on the subject...Do you have a Disaster Plan for your family? Where will you go? Do you have an Emergency Kit packed? This would include water, non-perishable food, extra clothing, etc. If you would like a complete list just let me know.
I have a great group picture taken in front of the Emergency Response Vehicle (ERV) that I will post in the school office but for the sake of our students' privacy, I am just showing their backs.

1 comment:
Wow! Look at that green grass! I can't wait to see our lawn again. The snow here is slowly melting.
Growing up, I always kept my red ESPRIT bag packed full of disaster relief type items and had it stashed away in my closet.
Post a Comment