Saturday, February 9, 2008

Spring Fever...In February?



I went to Ukiah today to do some shopping that just can't be done in Lake County. When I stepped out of the car I was pleasantly suprised by warm weather! Every store I went into had Spring clothing, decorations and crafts for sale. My last stop was Walmart and they had beautiful pansies for sale. When I arrived home, Al had pulled up all the weeds and cleared the beds for spring planting. We know better than to plant right now. We remember the year it snowed in March! Regardless, it was a nice break from the rain, freezing temps and occasional snow we had in January :-)

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Nancy, I took the kids into town today. We ate lunch at one of the picnic tables at the park and then went for a walk. I felt as if Spring was in the air too, especially since everyone else was out and about enjoying this break in the weather too.
My kids are suffering from colds right now so it was nice to soak in the sun and the fresh air.

jenny said...

We had a warm day today, too. It was 40 degrees, but it really did feel warm to us!

~nanashouse~ said...

Emily,
I have "spring fever" in the form of "hay fever". Itchy, watery eyes etc. Leighton spent some time with us at KCA in the afternoon yesterday. I hope he makes it a habit to stop by and visit. What a joy he is!