Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Constantly Being Filled

I love to take those online and magazine personality quizzes. Especially the "half-full/half-empty" ones. I've always held the belief that I am "constantly being filled".


This past weekend brought me face to face with several loved ones whose cup was as empty as can be and my heart seemed to be breaking as I talked to them.


This morning as I sat quietly drinking my coffee and listening to Pandora the tears started just flowing into my coffee cup. I was beginning to feel empty until I saw those tears filling my cup.


It was a beautiful reminder that yes, sometimes giving to others can leave us feeling depleted and empty but for me my cup is "constantly being filled".


1 comment:

Jenny said...

"This is my prayer in the harvest,
When favor and providence flow:
I know I'm filled to be emptied again--
The seed I've received I will sow."

--from "The Desert Song"

Have you heard it? It's a good one!