
Can't you just hear the song? "Old friends, sat on the park bench like bookends..."
I don't really think Paul Simon had in mind two high school friends connecting after oh so many years, but nevertheless ~~ here they are. I'm not even sure alcoholic beverages were included in the song :-)
Actually Al and Steve were only acquaintances in High School. Steve and I were friends and Al and I were destined to be best friends forever in 1970.
Fast forward to 2011 and here they are in Oklahoma City at the home of Steve and Shelly, his beautiful wife.
The song goes on to say: "Can you imagine us years from today, sharing a park bench quietly, how terribly strange to be seventy"
If I know these two men that park bench won't be shared quietly. They will have many stories to tell and many memories to share.

No comments:
Post a Comment