Brothers. One born in 1972, the other born in 1995. So alike it is freaky at times. Both are sensitive, intelligent and love their families above all.
Join me at May 29, 2011.
We arrived at Chris' church and from the moment I saw him all wired up for speaking I knew this Mommy's heart was going to be in for a ride. The music was so well chosen. I mean, how can you go wrong with Chris Tomlin singing "Where you go, I'll go...I will follow You".
Communion followed. More breaking, more supplication.
Then my precious first born came up to preach. He preached on the book of Ruth and the Kinsman Redeemer passage. I heard every single word and have hidden them in my heart. I took notes, underlined my Bible passages, said Amen at every appropriate moment and yet all I could think was "this very true Word is coming from the very same baby that I gave birth to 39 years ago". At that time I was a very young mother of 18 giving birth to a very big baby. As I held him in my arms that day I could not wrap my brain around the wonder and beauty of my first born son. He was so perfect and sweet.
Chris and Tyler have always been man\boys. They have graced this earth as boys with huge hearts and intelligence to change this world.
All day long I kept trying to hold Chris in my arms again. I tried to hug and hold him but I come up to his tummy now and couldn't hold him if I tried. I kept thinking over the years that I held him and protected him. I tried to keep him clean, healthy, safe...and then as I sat in that group of believers I came full circle. My first born was covering me with the grace of the precious truth of the Gospel. He was comforting this hurting Mommy's heart and speaking the Truth of God that comforts more than a blankie or a hug.


2 comments:
Interesting perspective. During the entire sermon, I couldn't help but think of Lizzie's gracious offer to you guys and likened it to Boaz. I knew Chris was planning this message weeks ago and the fact that the events of this week unfolded as they did...sent chills up my spine because she had no idea he was preaching about this nor did he know what you guys would be going through. Proof, God is awesome and has a perfect plan.
Lizzie's heart is evident of God's most gracious gift to us. Daddy and I are always amazed at the grace and love that you children continually give us. We are so blessed by all of you.
Post a Comment