Wednesday, February 22, 2012

First Garden

I'll be reading this book to our after school kids today. After they hear the story we will have a tasting of a few vegetables and graph their likes and dislikes. A surprise tasting will be beets. It seems our leader dislikes beets. I'll let you know if the students agree. This is an election year after all :-)

Tomorrow we will write a letter to Mrs. Obama. I hear the turn around time for a letter to the White House is six weeks. Oh, I do hope someone writes back. I can just see their faces as I read that letter to them. Probably much happier than the beet faces I'll see this afternoon!

3 comments:

Meredith said...

Love this! I bet you will get some funny faces.

Meredith said...

Love this! I bet you will get some funny faces.

~nanashouse~ said...

Well, above all, the beets won! The best thing that happened was that each student honored their friends choices. Praise God for His presence in even the small things.