All through the mid 1970's till the mid 1980's we followed a pretty healthy diet. I baked bread using fresh ingredients, Al and I stir fried every week in our beloved wok that we bought at Pier One. Oh those great hours we spent chopping and slicing and cooking together. I was a died in the wool "wanna be homestead mama". I made our girls' clothing, my own nursing pads (don't ask) grew flowers on the pack porch and 
Yes, I made my own yogurt. I show you this fancy machine because I couldn't find the one I had in the late 70's. It was a counter top model that would make I think 4-6 cups of delicious homemade yogurt. I then added fresh fruit in season along with my homemade granola and called it a good day!
All this to say, I'm going to make some nice fresh yogurt this week. I'm a little dismayed at some of the recipes that use sugar but I'm on a search!
We don't each much bread anymore and we don't need cloth diapers but every year I renew my subscription to the local growers co-op so we will still chop, and slice together!
Hey, if you have a great homemade yogurt recipe ~~ Pass it on :-)

No comments:
Post a Comment