This is my third attempt at sleep in as many hours. I feel as if I am sending my first born off to Kindergarten or College. Care giving began many years ago for our family. We (all of our family) eased into this role as if we were made for it. Now Mama is going to the Nursing Home tomorrow and our roles will shift into something unknown. Tyler and Grandma will no longer share the remote and chocolate as they discuss current events. I will no longer be the "stupid girl" who steals coffee, toilet paper and who knows what else. Al has become that male figure who fixes things even if she doesn't know his name all the time.God calls upon me time and time again for tasks that I would never dream I had the strength or wisdom to tackle. Please pray for Mama as she enters into this new phase of life. Several years ago as I drove her to Deerwood she yelled and screamed and threatened to get out of the car. Once we arrived at the door she gathered herself together and displayed her best side. Let's just pray this will be the same scenario tomorrow.

No comments:
Post a Comment