Sunday, September 30, 2007

Great Teachers


We've all had them; the great teachers who stand head and shoulders above the rest. My favorite was Mrs. Williams. She was a black activist in the early '70s. She helped me to write the perfect 5 paragraph essay that has carried me through to this day. Dalleen is blessed to have Mr. Alves. He has his heart immersed in his students. Why?? Because he has his heart immeresed in God. He is awesome!

5 comments:

emyann said...

I only had you! hahaha!

Mrs. Baker was my favorite and there is always that spot in my heart for Professor Tinkler at Chico State! Ah! The one that got away. We could talk about Walt Whitman and the Civil War...that was hot! :)

jenny said...

Oh, Em, I remember him!!! I met him at the Civil War reenactment in Chico. You made us follow him around for awhile. It was over 100 degrees outside, and I was pregnant with Jared. We finally caught up with him at the discussion on leg amputations.

emyann said...

Remember how nerdy and nervous he was??? I think he loved me!

jenny said...

You were just as nervous, but not so nerdy!

~nanashouse~ said...

Mom had Mrs. Ben Etta Williams, I remember her very well.
My worst subject in high school was English and yet my 2 favorite teachers were from the English dept., Ms. Stoddard who was as rough as sand paper, and like Tyler loved to talk about HER S.F. Giants baseball team.
Then there was Mr. Ardis, he was able to capture my attention and introduced to me Shakesphere(I can't even spell it correctly now)LOL, and poetry. Go figure!!!!!!

DAD