
I just love doing story book quilts. I like to take images from books and transfer them to fabric. Now, they are not exact replicas of the illustrations but, images from what I glean from the stories. I have done several and enjoyed the entire process. I am planning a quilt of Olivia the Pig. Olivia has a mind of her own. She is creative, innovative and free spirited. Everything I love in a child (pig). I already have some great fabric picked out. I just have to get down to the creative process of designing quilt blocks. You might just see some of your child's (children's) attributes in the quilt. I hope you do because I am aiming to capture the creative essence of all children. Is your child free spirited?? Great, you will see them in my quilt! A little creative in their view of life?? Wow, you will definitely see them in my quilt! How about sweet, loving, friendly? Yes, of course, they will be there!!
This is a labor intensive process so who knows when it will be done. The joy, however, is in the making. :-)

1 comment:
Ooh! I can't wait to see it.
Post a Comment