Thursday, January 15, 2009

Am I "Chicken"?

I applied for a second term with Americorps this week. I spent hours completing the paperwork, organzing my schedule and then making the all important visit to the school site where I will be serving. Oh my...things have changed in the two years since I served at this Middle School site.
I witnessed a general combative/apathetic mood from the students. I noticed a more agitated/on guard stance from the teachers and administrators. So, I had to ask myself~~Is this where God is calling me? Is this where I can make a difference or be brought down?
For the Fruit of the Spirit is Love, Joy, Peace...you know this verse.
I might be crazy but I am willing to choose Love, Joy and Peace. I know we need the money, BUT...God can over rule this.
I can hear you all now. God can use me in this situation. Believe me, I know this first hand.
Two years ago when I served, God used me to spread His plan. Now I know He wants me to protect His Loved Ones.
Please pray with me.


2 comments:

Brenda Leyland @ Its A Beautiful Life said...

Hi, Come visit my site... I have an award for you! Joy!

http://awordfromhome.blogspot.com/2009/01/how-kind-you-were.html

Technonana said...

Hello Sweet Sister!!
God does all things well!!! I used to work in a Middle School as a teaching assistant, so I know whereof you speak!! And being the High School SS director in my church has given me even more insight. The things that these kids have now, know now, are witness to now... just boggles the mind!!Praying with you and for you as you do this mission work that God has given you.
Praying for receiptive hearts and minds of all that you come in contact with, and that God will give you the wisdom, knowledge, and understand you need to do His Will.
In Him,
Sharon