Monday, January 12, 2009

Bends in the Road


Sometimes when you set out on a journey you face a bend in the road.

Each turn offers opportunity. One may be the more scenic route. The other offers

challenges that you weren't seeking but ~~ lessons can be learned.

Well, today I set out in obedience to apply for a job. In the midst of applications, I came upon an opportunity to serve a second term with Americorps.
Aha, just the thing I have been searching for! I served a term two years ago. I split my time between Lakeport Elementary as a reading tutor and Terrace Middle School as an Algebra tutor.
It seems the program has an opening for a tutor at the middle school. I would have to really pour on the effort to complete 450 hours by the end of the school term. If I fall short I can serve in Summer Session.
Please pray with me as I consider this. If it were up to me I would volunteer for the rest of my life but ~~ it doesn't pay the mortgage :-(

2 comments:

emyann said...

I am so happy this opportunity showed itself today for you! A glimmer of hope...

Lizzie said...

Yea for a job!!!