Tuesday, March 3, 2009

District Writing Sample


Tyler is home schooled this year so he had to take his
District Writing Sample at the National Guard Armory this morning.
He was very excited about this because he was able to see weapons
"up close and personal". (I really hope he was able to focus on
his writing test!)
Tyler was more interested in the soldiers and their weapons than he
was in his writing exam. In a way I'm happy that he wasn't overly stressed
about the test. As I see it, as a tutor in the public school system, students
can get so stressed over the required tests that they can't focus on the
every day learning.
Keeping our eye on the prize is certainly important. Even more so is being
faithful and diligent in our every day walk. I would rather Tyler give his all
to his every day "mundane" lessons than go for the sprint to win the prize.
Let me know what you think...

No comments: