Sunday, March 8, 2009

Happy Birthday Al

Happy Birthday Al!
When we first met in High School we were 14 years old.
AARP wasn't even invented ~ yet.
A man hadn't walked on the moon ~ yet.
Neither one of us had a driver's license ~ yet.
The threat of war was all around us ~ still
People were fighting people for personal rights ~ still
We both loved God ~ then and still
We wanted to give our lives for His service ~ then and still
Happy Birthday Honey!
I Love You :-)

2 comments:

Elise @A Path Made Straight said...

Aw! Happy Birthday to a very blessed man! Those are wonderful memories you shared, my friend. I can picture the two of you, 14 years old, meeting for the first time... so cute!

American Homemaker said...

I just wanted to pop in and say hello :) And I think you should share a high school pic of the two of you!