I'm one of those really strange people that just love the back of the pattern envelope. I get really excited at the fabric suggestions and the list of notions needed to complete the project. I can just hear you all snickering now "weirdo".I love the smell of bolts of fabric, the excitement of starting a new project and the feel of the tissue paper pattern as I pin it onto a new creation.
So...You can imagine my dismay as my machine slowly broke down in the process of making doll clothes for Grace and Lily's American Girl dolls. This is their 5th birthday and I wanted everything to work out just so. My friend Lynn donated all the fabulous buttons and trims to make these outfits spectacular. A knotted thread here + A broken needle there + A bobbin that refused to cooperate = MELTDOWN for Nana.
B R E A T H E --- Everything's gonna be alright.
Not what I planned, but alright.

5 comments:
I didn't snicker because I knew exactly what you meant. I'm the same but with knitting so I must be a weirdo too!
The planning what to make then the yarn shop and feeling the excitement going in to choose wool, the feel of the wool, the choosing of the colour. I love natural yarns especially merino wool. Such joy in seeing the yarns in my knitting basket (and giving them a little stroke as I pass by) the smoothness of the bamboo needles and the pleasure in using them. I read knitting pattern books in bed too!
I don't knit for as long as I used to due to arthritis in my hands but feel something is missing if a day goes by and I haven't done any or at least looked at a pattern.
I hope your machine is soon repaired and you can get back to being a weirdo!
Simple pleasures are the best.
Jan
Jan, I think we may have been separated at birth except I'm way older than you are!
I'm 61 how old are you?
Jan
57 :-)
Not much difference in our ages, we're from the same generation.
I smiled at your comment that you would be way older than me and wonder why you thought that?
I hope you sorted out your sewing machine. I'm off to do a little knitting while I have a cup of tea.
It's a gloriously sunny day here today but we've got snow forecast for next week here in Scotland. Brrr. We don't usually get very much snow here where we are on the coast. Have a lovely weekend,
Jan
Post a Comment