A Thanksgiving Tale:

We were all gathered at the ranch for Thanksgiving. The scents and sounds of a family gathering hung in the air. Grandpa Gordie asked us to gather round to pray for God's blessing, remembering all those who have yet to be gathered to the fold. We sat down to a feast. When I say a feast , I mean a feast. The sounds of everyone chewing and talking and laughing were more than a heart could contain.
And then our dear Lily climbed under the big table to tell Mama she was finished and received a deep splinter from the wood floor. She cried, she wailed, she panicked. We carried her from the kitchen to a comfy room and decided that the splinter needed to be removed. By this time Lily was into a big pain panic. Mama held her as I went for a sterilized needle. I poked, and stroked and prodded that offender out. Finally amidst cries of "No please, no tweezers!" the offender was removed. Papa Al arrived and scooped up the patient in his arms and rocked her to sleep. They slept for an hour on the couch. Papa soothing Lily and Lily soothing Papa as he has had a very hard work week.
At the end, all was forgiven. We had pie.
Thank you Jesus for Thanksgiving.

1 comment:
Happy Thanksgiving from Scotland.
Jan
Post a Comment