This journey started five years ago.
My sweet Nana went to be with Jesus in December. Before she passed her nurse and I sang "Jesus Loves Me" to her. Al and I prayed with her. She wanted to make sure I was Italian before she left. I guess that is some sort of prerequisite to Heaven.
Six months later Uncle Bill went to join his Mom. Patty and I prayed with him as he lay dying from cancer.
Then, our dear friend Dorothy left this earth. She left in much pain and I don't know of her condition with Jesus. She always proclaimed much faith. I will trust God.
Sweet Daddy left us shortly afterward. He knew his Jesus was waiting for him. As he lay in his bed in the nursing home he looked up and said "He is coming for me!"
And now my sweet friend Jeannie is with her Father in Heaven.
Five years, wow. If we were Hallmark givers we would give wood or silverware gifts for the five year anniversary. I think I will set my table with my Mom's silverware tomorrow night to commemorate all my sweet loved ones who have lost their battle here on earth but have gained Heaven's Glory.
The picture above is of the Silver Bells. Rejoice!

1 comment:
You have lost many dearly loved ones in a short time but that is a sweet way to commemorate them.
I'm happy I found your blog,
Jan
Post a Comment