
We are in the process of downsizing our belongings.
After over 18 months of paperwork, hardship letters, submitting all financial information we were informed this week that the bank will be taking back our house. Ouch!
Wow, did we give it our all. Talk about being exposed to the microscope.
While in the process of this whole thing I thought why not give away some of the "stuff" that is tying us down? I had a cookbook giveaway which was a real hit.
I had a yarn giveaway that was nearly equal in popularity. Then I decided on a children's' book giveaway. Only one person showed up for that.
Don't we read to our children anymore?
The rest of the books are going to Hospice tomorrow. Don't worry my daughters...You either have all the favorites already or I am holding them back for you.

3 comments:
ahhhhhhhhh...I was holding my breath until I read your last sentence! Thanks, Mom. :)
Oh, I am so horrible at remembering dates. I wish I had made it to the kids book giveaway. Our kids love books...and so do we. Thanks so much for your generosity even in this hard time. I am so sorry you are losing your home, but I have no doubt there are better things in store for you...you are such a wonderful lady!
Jenny, I'm sure most of the books you are thinking of have already made their way into your home and your sister's homes. I would never give away part of your childhood!
Post a Comment